Saturday, May 2, 2009

Slow Work at Home

Managed to get some decent videos the other day of Kota working the pattern at home. This was her first time working the pattern at home in I would say a little less than a year. She did great, and felt pretty good underneath me. Seems like she is learning to move her feet a little quicker around the barrels, and more collected. We incorporated some of the shoulder work that Chip Wallis had given me to work on around the barrels, and I think she was really picking it up!

I havent gotten to ride as much as I would like to these past few weeks..the last few weeks of the semester are always hectic with papers, finals, studying, etc. So I've only been able to get on 2-3 times per week if I am lucky.. Hopefully once the semester ends I'll be able to get Kota on a more continuous work schedule.. I've been wanting to get her out to an NBHA for quite some time now..but work never seems to cooperate and I am always on the schedule. But hopefully soon I'll be able to get her out..

I am hoping within a month we'll be able to move up to a lope!!
Take One

Taken Two

Take Three

1 comment: