Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brrrrr....

Too darn cold to do anything with Dakota... way too cold! Felt like it didn't get much higher than 0 today. Ground is frozen...everything is frozen! On the plus side, Kota looks like she's moving around well despite this weather. She's all bundled up, that's for sure. I am debating whether to bring her back lunging a little, although I think that may be a bad idea. Too much stress on her stifle to do the circles at first. So, I think I'll stick to straight stuff for a while, and then hopefully once she's back in working order we can do some large circle stuff. I plan on swimming her as soon as it gets warm out, Sara (skippysmom) says theres a equine pool over in burlington county, NJ. I think that swimming would be really good for her muscles, especially rehabbing that stifle.

Hopefully it warms up so I can get on my horse sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment