Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Naturally when I can start legging Dakota back up it snows!! And not the dry snow that you can still ride in...the slippery wet stuff! I almost busted my butt about 3 times today walking down the hill to the barn.

So, of course I had to do something with her. Treated her like we were starting brand new, did little things that I used to do with her as a late 2 year old. Brushed her up all nice, and worked on mounting bareback, with the focus on making her stand completely still. Of course she remembered all this stuff from before looking at me like "Mom do I really have to do this again?" while standing there like an angel falling asleep. So I kept mounting her from every which way.

It was like I went back in time, remembering all of this stuff I did with her when she was just a little baby when i first got her (OK, she was 2 so she wasnt so little, but still.)

I cant wait for the weather to be nice again! Bring on the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment