Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kota's Pre-Comeback Photoshoot





It was actually nice out today! Maybe I will get to ride soon after all.. A brisk 45 degrees, but all of the ice that fills my pasture and paddock is now melting. Of course making the pasture a complete swamp, but I'll take that over the ice.
Kota got a good grooming session while switching blankets, and I took the opportunity to take some pics.
Thought it would be good to see some before and after shots down the road after she's back in full work.. What a hairy monster! I think it will be about shedding time soon though. Oh, I also started Dakota on MareMagic this morning, to see if that would make her less of a mare towards other horses. She has great ground manners and respect towards people, however, at shows...she becomes marey with new horses. She never strikes out or anything, but does alot of warning (pinning her ears, etc.) I'm hoping that once she gets out more and settles down at the shows that stops, but I figured trying something like MareMagic couldnt hurt. We'll see.

I am hoping to be able to ride by tuesday. Tomorrows pretty booked, I have class and then Dakota is getting her shoes pulled. If she isnt ouchy from that, then maybe I will actually get to hop on her a little tuesday before work. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment