Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Days Off

Well, Dakota has had a nice two day break... It was super nice yesterday, a little chilly, but nice... Walk out to the barn, carry my saddle down, had my polos all wrapped back nicely and ready to be wrapped on Dakota...Walk out into the field to catch her, and low and behold her right eye was swollen. Take a closer look, she cut her lower lit ever so slightly, so her eyelids puffed up a little. Decided to give her the day off... We had a nice grooming session.. Shedding season is indeed upon us, I was covered in hair. Dakota got the special mane and feet treatment. I am happy to report that when I got home from work last night her eye was back to normal. Phew.

Really wanted to get home in time before dark to ride today as it was nice again...but darn lab ran late. Wednesdays are my long days at school, and of course they are always the nicest weather days for some reason. It's supposed to be even nicer tomorrow...hopefully all goes well and I can hop on.

Got some pics of the swollen eyeball...Naturally she liked to close her eye just as I was taking the picture...Silly mare

No comments:

Post a Comment