Monday, February 9, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I am happy to report I GOT TO RIDE MY HORSE TODAY!! For the first time in months... So I now am proclaiming that Dakota is officially back into work. The sun was shining, it was still a little muddy..but we just took a nice trail ride and worked on some flexing at the soccer fields. I could tell Kota was a little rusty as far as the flexing goes, but overall she did great. I was really suprised at how sensitive to my leg cues she was being, even after all that time off. I had the D-ring on her with split reins. I was so happy to be back on my horse after such a long time off.

I am hoping between school and work I can get on her atleast 3 times per week, hopefully more. The swimming pool that is closeby is heated and has "dry stalls", so I can start swimming her soon also. Cant wait to see how thats going to be with Ms. Mare who likes to step around puddles because she doesnt want her feet wet.

Cant wait until the mud dries up so I can add a little bit of trotting into the mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment