Monday, February 2, 2009

Off Goes the Shoes

Pulled all of Dakota's shoes today. It's just not worth the fight with her to get them nailed on, she absolutely hates the banging to drive the nails in..yet stands there like an angel for everything else. My blacksmith has never even clipped her either, so I dont know where it comes from. I'm thinking maybe the fact that I only started shoeing her when it is cold, and she is getting that "cold shock" when he drives the nails in?

Who knows, but I think I might try and keep her barefoot for a good long time, see how she does with that. Not only is it easier, but its also cheaper. If worse comes to worse I can always re-shoe her in the summer, but she always did well barefoot so I am hoping that she can hold up. She has tough feet, so I've been debating just leaving her barefoot forever, as my blacksmith is big into the natural balance trimming. We'll see, we'll see.

Hopefully I can ride soon! I think it will still be too muddy to ride tomorrow, the pasture is pretty much a river. But maybe thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment