Sunday, February 15, 2009

First time trotting

Had Kota trotting again for the first time today in months, she did great and felt great. I warmed her up for a good long time with just walking, as I was talking on the phone with Natalie. Mostly straight line stuff, not much flexing. She really surprised me with how collected she felt trotting. She held herself together great, and felt like she was really using her hind end. She also kept a straight line with ease, none of the drunk trotting (as I like to call it). I could stay one handed on her, and she would still continue straight. I did some large circles, and she felt like she may have been dropping in a little bit..but overall I was very pleased. I did not want to over do it, so we did a few minutes to each side, and I am going to work her up from that.

Bugged my mom to come out of the house after our workout so she could take a few pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment