Friday, February 13, 2009

Windy Day

Did not get to ride yesterday as I had hoped because we had 50 mph winds here... I about blew away just doing barn chores. A little less windy today, so I saddled up and headed out on the trails, was hoping I could do a little trot work today also. Got Kota all warmed up, we walked and walked all over the place, working on bending and flexing. Naturally everything was a little scarier when its windy out.. The kids out on recess at the elementary school, the flying trash bag in the wind.. But she gave all of that nothing but a double look. And then she saw it. The dreaded bleacher that was clearly out to get her, all because it was in a different spot than what she remembered.

Her first walk by it she about gave me a heart attack. Just about jumped out of her skin, and I wasnt prepared for it at all..I was lollygagging along singing to my Ipod. Made me chuckle after the fact, she's seen those bleachers many many times before.. Just not in that spot or position. So ever since the bleacher incident she was on her toes for the rest of the ride. I let her trot a little bit, but felt that it could wait for another day that wasnt so windy. Gives her less to think about, and more brains to focus on me.

We finished up the ride with a walk all over the neighborhood, she was a good girl. She really feels good underneath me, like she's using her body correctly and whatnot. I am hoping good weather is on the way, so we can really get to work soon! I'd love nothing more than to have her atleast loping a decent exhibition come late april when all of the NBHA's start back up...

No comments:

Post a Comment