Sunday, February 22, 2009

Draw Reins Day 1

Dakota officially liked the set of draw reins I made much much more than she likes the german martingale... She worked GREAT in them. I couldn't believe how quick she got it. Rode her yesterday (saturday) for the first time in them, and she acted like she knew all about them. I've never felt her so collected or trotting such nice circles. I was so proud of her!! We just worked on straight line trotting for a good portion of the workout, then did some smaller circles (about 50 foot circles). I didnt want to put too much strain on that stifle yet until its worked back up. It made me really happy, I cant wait to work her again!

After the work session, we took a ride around the neighborhood. Dakota didnt like the little boy that was zooming around on a go-cart.. He would crank the engine right as he sped by her..I didnt like him either.

Did not get to ride today as it was really rainy and crappy out.. Hopefully I'll be able to hop on tomorrow.. I am hoping it stays dry enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment