Monday, February 23, 2009

Draw Reins Day 2

Well, managed to ride today even though it was freezing AND windy! The windchill made it feel a lot colder than it actually was I think.. Brought out the draw reins again, although I didnt get as much accomplished as I had hoped. Aside from the fact Dakota all of the sudden thinks wind is something to get worked up over, she did well. She was spooking at every little plastic bag that flew by. When I say spooking, she never really spooks.. It's more of a look at it intensely, and then every now and then flinch. Thats the definition of a Dakota spook, but nevertheless, she becomes distracted. So we pranced around, with our head held high, and worked a little at the trot. She was actually very good considering the conditions, the wind was really whipping. She actually stayed more focused than I thought she would have, she trotted nice straight lines for me and was paying attention for the most part, stopping on a dime, etc. I was proud of her in that respect. But I think it was too chaotic with the wind to really get anything good accomplished, so we worked a little bit because I want to make her work in conditions that shes not necessarily comfortable in, so she becomes more sound-minded.. But I didnt want to push it so after 30 minutes of work, we went to the woods to trail ride a bit.

As of now, I dont care if its cold tomorrow.. I just want this wind to go away!! Hopefully I'll be able to ride tomorrow also..

No comments:

Post a Comment