Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reserved Clinic Spot

Well, Dakota and I will be headed to Chip Wallis' (out of OK) clinic April 18. I was debating it because there is an NBHA that day, but I figured whats the point of missing the clinic for a show that I will do an exhibition then sit around?? I am excited, and a little nervous about it. To have someone knowledgable watch me work the barrels on her.. But I hear great things about him, and I think he will give me some really good pointers to go off of. Not to mention, the price of the clinic is a steal!

I am going to haul to Sara's tomorrow to ride with her, and work Kota in her arena. Kota really, really needs that. She's been doing great working her at home..but she needs to start working in decent footing and learning what that feels like. Hopefully we will get some good barrel work done tomorrow, at the trot of course..and I hope to bring home videos of her progress.

She's been feeling really good underneath me. Sometimes a little stiff-necked, but for the most part she feels really soft and fluent. She's been worked to a sweat almost every ride...and I think she is slowing gaining her fitness back. Yesterday it was off and on downpours, so I hopped on her bareback and we had a nice relaxing ride. I am so excited, yet a little scared about working her on the pattern. It's almost coming to like a moment of truth if her stifle will be able to handle it. Hopefully I'll work her a bit this month on the pattern, then take her back to Dr. Riddle after she's been working the pattern for some time to see what he thinks. She seems and feels great to me, so hopefully that holds up.

I think I am also going to haul to Shartlesville April 26th, hopefully to exhibition and put some of the skills I pick up from the clinic to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment