Friday, March 27, 2009

Kota Update


It's been quite a while since I updated. I did not ride much the previous week as I was super busy (looking for, and purchasing my truck!) and the weather was crappy.. But this week I've gotten to ride a good amount. Lets see, I rode just about every day this week. Kota has been doing good. She really seems like she is full of energy, though. Probably that 12% feed she's on, we moved up from the 10% a few months ago.

She has her moments every now and then, I would say one almost every ride where we are doing consistent work, sometimes she gets a few bucks in there, which I think is coming from her energy and her being worked up about working (if that makes sense). Other times its just a little fit. But then once its over we get back to work and back to being focused. I think she's slowly getting out of the spooky stage that she suddenly had stumbled into, hopefully.

Natalie and I have decided that we want to work hard this year and be able to come back and run both of our horses at cowtown next summer. I really would be thrilled if I could have Kota loping a pattern come June, and possibly running by late summer.. That would be so nice! It's rough though with no arena to work in..

I really want to haul Dakota to an arena sometime in the coming week.. Either Sara's house, or an actual arena...but all I know is Dakota needs to work in one..plus, I need to see how my new truck tows.. =)

Oh, and got some pics today. It was nice and warm so Kota got a hose down after our ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment