Thursday, March 19, 2009

Swimming is scary!


So, attempted to take Dakota to a farm over in burlington that has a swimming pool. She wanted no part of it! She was even apprehensive about the wash stalls, then when she saw Cisco being forced into the pool, she was like "Heck no!", I saw it in her eyes before we even tried getting her to go in. I wish it was a lower-tension environment. Instead of letting the horses get used to everything in there, it was like they wanted to force them into the pool. So we tried, and with Dakota's natural mare stubborn-ness, she didnt want to do it and I didnt want to hurt her stifle trying to get her in. So I let her stand and take everything in, and then Sara and I rode on the track.



Kota was a very good girl on the track! She felt great working in that deeper ground (I wasnt sure how she would handle that). We trotted quite a bit, and she felt and looked great.. I even let her slow lope a little, and she picked up her lead well, and was overall just feeling good.

Rode again tuesday, just regular reins still... Trotted and then loped some.. I really think she is coming along! Her movement felt great loping, especially to the left. Going to the right she was holding her head a little bit weird every now and then, which i do not know because that is usually her good side..But I figure we will try and work through that, and if not then we have some more work to do.

I've been thinking about getting her chiro'ed by the good chiropractor around here that the vets at my work use... Just maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment