Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in March??

Well, just got a nice foot of snow dumped on us today!! Needless to say, I wont be riding for a little bit. Just as it was getting nice out too!! I cant complain though, I actually like snow and it gave me the day off from school, and since I have tuesdays off as well I have had a 4 day weekend. Just work tomorrow, woo hoo.

Depending on what the conditions are like, I may hop on to just walk around bareback tomorrow. That's if the snow stays "dry", and not packed together. Most likely will just give Kota a little break. I am hoping to start swimming her come my spring break, which is in two weeks. Then after that I would like to get her out to swim atleast once a week...that would be nice.

I wanted to edit to add on that we had a really nice ride on friday, the last time I rode. I left her bridle up in the house, so I threw the Jr. Cowhorse on her without any draw reins or anything. She really worked great, it seemed as though even without the draw reins she was staying collected and whatnot. Was proud of her!! Much better than the previous mare day we had on thursday..

No comments:

Post a Comment