Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Loping

We had a really nice ride yesterday (tuesday). Took it easy, had the draw reins on her, and we did alot of trot work for a while. She was really collecting nicely, and flexing nicely in circles and whatnot. I decided I would attempt to let her lope for the first time in MONTHS. She picked up the wrong lead going to the left, and didnt feel very collected, but she was a good girl. I could tell she was full of energy, but I just held her up and let her lope a couple of strides (one lengthway of the soccer field), and then went back to trotting that way. Did the same thing to the other side. I think for her first couple times loping back I want to have her in normal reins, as she was getting confused with loping with the draw reins (she's not quite there yet). So next ride I think I'll go back to normal reins, and start working her at a lope a little bit, just working her way up. Then once she's back to loping nicely, I'll put the draw reins on again.

Definitely wont get to ride today, as its my long day at school and then I have to go to work (blah)....But hopefully I can get on tomorrow, and it will be nice (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment