Friday, March 13, 2009

Back to Loping

Dakota's first time loping in months today (actually worked at it a little).. she did well. Not at all collected, but well. She did feel a little bit stiff in the neck, which kind of put me off a little.. But I would like to think its because she has had all of this time off and has not loped in a long long time. Once I did let her lope she was like "Ooooo this is fun! Let me goooo!" But I held her back, and I think this was contributing to a large part of the stiffness/uncollectedness.

I didnt want to start her out in the draw reins just because I dont think she can handle them at the lope just yet. So I think I will work her a few more days without them at the lope, and then once she is loping nicely again, put them back on to see how she works with them.

Overall a good first day back to loping.. I am hoping to get a video within the next few days! Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment